Dialysis is one common method of treatment for kidney disease. While it is known to be an effective way to remove toxins from the body, several dialysis treatments per week can take a toll on the body. Often times, patients experience pain and discomfort during treatments. One of our initiatives at It Only Takes One involves providing comfort items to dialysis patients.
We are collecting the following items for our ongoing Dialysis Drive:
- Tote bags
- Crossword puzzles/word search puzzles
- National Kidney Foundation pens and bracelets
- National Kidney Foundation informational pamphlets
- Pocket sized hand sanitizer
- Pocket sized tissue
- Sugar free candy and peppermint
- ChapstickFeel free to contact us if you have any questions about how to donate the items.
By visiting donate.kidney.org, you can volunteer or create a Kidney Walk Team in your area.
All donations are put towards kidney advocacy efforts by the National Kidney Foundation.
Learn more about Policy and Legislation
Support the Living Donor Protect Act:
Click here to ask your lawmakers to endorse the Living Donor Protection Act (H.R. 1270) . According to NKF, this act serves to keep insurance companies from “denying or limiting life, disability and long term care insurance to living donors and from charging higher premiums.” The bill also clarifies that living organ donors may use time granted through the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) to recover from donation.
See photos from the 2018 where nearly 150 advocates from around the U.S. met on Capitol Hill with lawmakers.
Join the Congressional Primary Care Caucus
Support the CKD Early Detection and Management Demonstration program
Click here to contact lawmakers in your are to assist in promoting kidney disease research and education and protect access to care for dialysis patients by cosponsoring the
HR 3867. Click here to find your legislator.
Questions? Contact us:
95% of Americans are in favor of being a donor but only 54% are registered.
Identify yourself as an organ donor via Donate Life.
- Select your state of residence to learn about available options, which may include:
- Joining the online registry for donation in your state.
- Declaring your intentions on your driver's license.
- Signing a donor card
- Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network
If you would like to make a secure donation to our non-profit efforts, click the donate button now! Your donation will go towards purchasing items for our Dialysis Drive, or fundraising for the kidney walk. It is also tax-deductible! If you would like to make a donation to our kidney walk team, click here.